Safety-by-Design Award Criteria
The nominee is an individual who is or has been working, for a large part of his career, full time in the design of space systems and/or in design safety certification. He has shown outstanding support and dedication to space safety, and achieved national and/or international recognition. The award may be assigned to an individual or to a group of individuals who have been closely co-operating.The nominee shall meet at least two of the following five criteria:
- Documented professional involvement in space systems design and/or design safety certification for at least 15 years;
- Inventor or designer who through one or more outstanding patent or conceptual design innovation contributed to make space systems (including related equipment or payloads) safer;
- Significant participation to the development of design solutions which have proven to possess a higher degree of safety;
- Significant participation to the development of safety technical requirements, and/or safety reviews organisation and methods, which have been proven effective in ensuring a high degree of safety;
- Author of books, papers and/or articles who promoted novel concepts and ideas which greatly contributed to advance the understanding and implementation of safety-by-design;
- Inspiring leader in promoting safety related education and/or international cooperation.